A scary look at solvents and rez life By: Randall King, Winnipeg Free Press-February 21, 2017
Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra welcomes 1,000 newcomers to free performance By Teghan Beaudette, CBC News-February 19, 2017
Film Training Manitoba
App Deadline: 22 / 02 / 2017
App Deadline: 22 / 02 / 2017
Canadian Dimension Magazine
Canadian Dimension is a Winnipeg-based progressive political and social issues magazine that publishes six issues per year. The magazine is looking for a dynamic hands-on individual to fill the crucial role of its Associate Publisher. The Associate Publisher is responsible for managing the business of the magazine, the coordination of the physical production and circulation and will work in conjunction with the editor and art director.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23rd, 2015.
Closing Date: March 23, 2015
Start Date: April-May 2015
Commitment: 25-30 hours/week
No phone calls please.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, make decisions and work independently, act with a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Macintosh operating systems, computer software for Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database management, email and internet, and accounting. Knowledge of various social media platforms is required. Some knowledge of Creative Suite and some HTML is desired.
- Ability to manage the magazine's circulation and fulfillment database, process and fulfill subscriptions, renewals and other orders.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate financial management of magazine.
- Familiarity with publishing, ability to oversee production of magazine.
- Familiarity with grant writing, budgeting, archiving and project coordination a must.
- ADMINISTRATION: Responsible for all office communications, by mail, phone and email, including inquiries and orders relating to circulation, finances, advertising, production, promotions and fundraising, etc.
- CIRCULATION: Manages the magazine's circulation records and updates, prepares mail data, manages the magazine's list for exchanges/rentals in accordance with Canadian privacy legislation, coordinates and executes circulation marketing campaigns and renewal efforts.
- ADVERTISING: Acts as the magazine's advertising representative, recruiting new clients and managing current clients, preparing contracts, proposals and packages, revising rate cards, collecting copy, nvoicing and collecting revenue.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Oversees financial management of magazine.
- Responsible for prudent management of deposits and account transfers, credit card transactions, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and timely remittances to appropriate government agencies. Must prepare and submit annual budget and actuals to editorial collective.
- PRODUCTION: Oversees printing and mailing of magazine issues, and acts as liaison with the printer and art director. The associate publisher will also engage in posting articles to the magazine’s website and engaging our audience on social media platforms.
- DEVELOPMENT: Prepares grant applications to Canada Periodical Fund and other funding bodies and maintains current contracts with appropriate funders. Coordinates grant project activities, reporting and budgeting requirements. The associate publisher will also coordinate the digitization of Canadian Dimension’s 50-year archive.
- PROMOTIONS/SPECIAL PROJECTS: With input from the editorial collective, plans and executes fundraising events and promotions including an annual benefit in Winnipeg. Provides office support for out of town fundraising activities.
- REPORTING: Attends Editorial Collective meetings and prepares reports to Editorial Collective on magazine's finances, circulation, advertising, results of promotions, and other information as needed by Collective.
Application deadline: 23 / 03 / 2015