Regina soprano moved to Winnipeg to improve her vocals and has earned rosy results By: Holly Harris, Winnipeg Free Press-March 21, 2017
New arts centre coming up in Garden City By: Ligia Braidotti, Winnipeg Free Press-March 20, 2017
Hola Musica classes at the Manitoba Conservatory of Music and Arts Feb. 04, 2017 - Feb. 11, 2017 - Feb. 18, 2017 - Feb. 25, 2017 - Mar. 04, 2017 - Mar. 11, 2017 - Mar. 18, 2017 - Mar. 25, 2017
It’s time to register for Winter Classes & Workshops at the Portage & District Arts Centre Jan. 23, 2017 - Mar. 25, 2017
Canadian Museum For Human Rights
App Deadline: 26 / 03 / 2017
App Deadline: 27 / 03 / 2017
Indigenous Artists Needs Assessment
ACI Manitoba has undergone several gatherings and circles with Indigenous artists across Manitoba to discuss the experiences of Indigenous artists, their professional needs and look into the future. Find the informational documents below.
- 2012 ACI Indigenous Arts Focus Group Report (PDF Document)
- 2014 ACI Indigenous Artist Survey Summary (PDF Document)
- ACI Indigenous Arts Needs Assessment Report Full Version (PDF Document)
- ACI Indigenous Arts Needs Assessment Report Abridged (PDF Document)
- January 18th Interview with Ici Manitoba (Radio-Canada) (In French)
Circle of Life Thunderbird House: 715 Main St, Winnipeg, MB R3B 3N7, (204) 940-4240
- Sunday afternoon – Women’s sharing circle and youth, elder and other councils and opportunities to volunteer
Red Road Lodge: 631 Main St, Winnipeg, MB R3B 1E1, (204) 943-0635
- Tuesday nights Sharing Circle
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons – Open Art Studio O.A.S.I.S.
Mentoring Artists Mentoring Women (MAWA): 611 Main St, Winnipeg, MB R3B 1E1, (204) 949-9490
- Artist mothers group – first Wednesday evening
- Artist Teachers group – first Monday evening
- Cross Cultural beading group – every 2 weeks
West Central Women’s Resource Centre (WCWRC): 640 Ellice Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3G 0A7, (204) 774-8975
- Friday afternoon Sharing Circle
- Wednesday afternoon sewing
- Friday morning Beading
- Friday afternoon Drum
North End Women’s Resource Centre: 394 Selkirk Ave, Winnipeg, MB, (204) 589-7347
- Friday evenings women’s drum
Grant Writing Toolkit
Liz Barron identifies how to get the attention of the jury when you're applying for a Manitoba Arts Council, Winnipeg Arts Council, or Canada Council for the Arts grant.
Board of Director Handbook Toolkit
Liz Barron gives practical advice to boards on how to support, understand, guide and develop their organizations.
Crash Course in Event Planning
For events large and small, this guide will put you on the right track to a successful event.
Resources for New Media and Aboriginal Video Arts
Discover the resources available to help launch and support your new media and video projects.
First Peoples Heritage, Language and Culture Council Arts Toolkit
Provides access to information and materials to assist Aboriginal artists and arts and cultural workers in their work.
How to Write a Bio
Tips for writing a biography that does justice to who you are and what you can do.
Tips for Writing Winning Cover Letters
How to write a cover letter that captures the attention of potential employers, and represents you well.
Self Evaluation Framework
The Arts Council of England provides tools for artists and arts organizations to examine and analyze their unique contributions in the arts and cultural ecosystem.
Brings to light contemporary Native issues including economic development, entertainment, sports, education, careers, health, and lifestyle.
Supports product development and marketing for artists, craftspersons and specialty food producers in Manitoba.
The Aboriginal Screen-based Production Sector in Review: Trends, Success Stories and the Way Forward
This 2013 report prepared by Communications MDR and supported by a number of organizations is the findings of a study on the Aboriginal screen-based production sector. The study examined the state of Aboriginal television, interactive and feature film production in Canada and measured production activity over the five-year period 2007-2008 to 2011-2012.
Understanding Aboriginal Arts in Canada Today: A Knowledge and Literature Review
This 2011 study from the Canada Council for the Arts covers topics such as Aboriginal worldview, Canada’s colonial history, Aboriginal knowledge, the Western art lens, a recent history of Aboriginal arts, Aboriginal arts in communities, Aboriginal artists and their art, and the future of Aboriginal arts.
Supplementary Report on Presenting and Aboriginal Communities (The Value of Presenting: A Study of Arts Presentation in Canada)
Strategic Moves and CAPACOA produced this 2012 study exploring the role and manner of production of performing arts in Canadian Aboriginal cultures.
We Have to Hear their Voices: A Research Project on Aboriginal Languages and Art Practices
The Canada Council for the Arts produced this study in April 2012 for non-Aboriginal speakers to appreciate Aboriginal worldview and language, and to invite opportunities for further exploration.
Equity within the Arts Ecology: Traditions and Trends
The Canadian Public Arts Funders network commissioned this report from the Centre for Innovation in Culture and Arts in Canada in October 2011, to examine the need for ongoing attention to diversity and equity in the arts.
Healing, Historic Trauma and the Arts
- Aboriginal Healing Foundation-Research Series
- Historic Trauma and Aboriginal Healing, Smolewski, M. & Wesley-Esquimaux, C.C. (2004)
- Dancing, Singing, Painting and Speaking the Healing Story: Healing Through the Creative Arts, Archibald, L., Dewar, J., Reid, C., & Stevens, V. (2012)
Indigenous Arts in Canadian Education
- Walking Tall in The Hall: A Mapping Review of ArtsSmarts Project in Aboriginal Settings Across Canada, Stevenson, Blair, (ed.) (2006). ArtsSmart. Ottawa, Ontario.
- Shared Learning: Integrating British Columbia Aboriginal Content K-10, Aboriginal Education Enhancement Branch, British Columbia Ministry of Education, (2006)
- Art based Teaching and Learning as an Alternative Approach for Aboriginal Learners and their Teachers, De Leon, C., Margolin, I., Patteson, A. & Restoule, J.P., Canadian Council on Learning.