Regina soprano moved to Winnipeg to improve her vocals and has earned rosy results By: Holly Harris, Winnipeg Free Press-March 21, 2017
New arts centre coming up in Garden City By: Ligia Braidotti, Winnipeg Free Press-March 20, 2017
Hola Musica classes at the Manitoba Conservatory of Music and Arts Feb. 04, 2017 - Feb. 11, 2017 - Feb. 18, 2017 - Feb. 25, 2017 - Mar. 04, 2017 - Mar. 11, 2017 - Mar. 18, 2017 - Mar. 25, 2017
It’s time to register for Winter Classes & Workshops at the Portage & District Arts Centre Jan. 23, 2017 - Mar. 25, 2017
Canadian Museum For Human Rights
App Deadline: 26 / 03 / 2017
App Deadline: 27 / 03 / 2017
WAG Studio is looking for a qualified art instructor for our school division sponsored Special Art Classes. Successful candidates must have a Fine Arts degree or diploma and instructional experience. Classes are held during school hours in ten week sessions throughout the school year. Experience in a variety of mediums (drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpture, animation, or pottery) is required.
This is a part time contract position. As a condition of the contract, a current Child Abuse Registry Check is required.
As a Studio Programs Instructor for Special Art Classes you must be able to:
- work with and show empathy for children that may have experienced trauma or abuse
- help shy, withdrawn or non-communicative students to express themselves through art
- ensure a safe and respectful environment for students
- represent the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s Studio Programs Department to the public in a professional manner
- demonstrate an awareness of Indigenous perspectives related to art, culture and history
- create an environment that is conducive to learning about the elements and principles of visual communication and encourage creative expression
- manage classroom activities and keeping a written record of students’ attendance
- plan course content in consultation with the Manager of WAG Studio
- report any concerns regarding the students to the Manager of WAG Studio
- prepare a course outline which includes a supply list
- supervise clean-up of the studio
- supervise volunteers (if applicable)
- consult with Studio Technicians regarding supply requests, kiln firings and other related matters
- orient students and volunteers to safety and fire procedures and the safe handling of all materials used in the course
Please email your resume, portfolio and cover letter with two references to:
Diane Lafournaise, Manager of WAG Studio
WAG Studio is committed to achieving a representative workforce. Members of designated groups (women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and visible minorities) are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the WAG and WAG Studio, visit wag.ca/learn.
Application deadline: 15 / 09 / 2016