Regina soprano moved to Winnipeg to improve her vocals and has earned rosy results By: Holly Harris, Winnipeg Free Press-March 21, 2017
New arts centre coming up in Garden City By: Ligia Braidotti, Winnipeg Free Press-March 20, 2017
Hola Musica classes at the Manitoba Conservatory of Music and Arts Feb. 04, 2017 - Feb. 11, 2017 - Feb. 18, 2017 - Feb. 25, 2017 - Mar. 04, 2017 - Mar. 11, 2017 - Mar. 18, 2017 - Mar. 25, 2017
It’s time to register for Winter Classes & Workshops at the Portage & District Arts Centre Jan. 23, 2017 - Mar. 25, 2017
Canadian Museum For Human Rights
App Deadline: 26 / 03 / 2017
App Deadline: 27 / 03 / 2017
Rural Youth ARTS Mentorship Program
Mentors Partnered with Youth ages 16 – 24
Programs must take place between November 2016 and June 2017
Arts & Cultural Industries (ACI) Manitoba offers a mentorship program for youth age 16-24 living outside Winnipeg but within Manitoba. Experienced artists working in rural communities are contracted to provide mentorship with an individual or small group of youth over a total period of five months. Mentorship partnerships are aimed at a variety of artistic disciplines, including: Writing/Publishing, Museum, Film, Photography, Crafts, Multimedia, Design, Theatre, Dance, Music and Visual Arts with an artistic, administrative or technical focus.
NEW FOR 2016/17 Projects may take place over any period of 5 – 8 months as long as the program guidelines are met:
- Mentors & Mentees must be willing to commit to a minimum of 5 direct contact hours per month working together on their artistic pursuit, for a total of five months (25 hours).
- The Youth mentee, under their mentor’s direction, must commit an additional 5 hours per month fulfilling volunteer, community and networking opportunities. (25 hours total)
- A mentor may work with 1 to 3 youth (simultaneously) depending on the age of the youth.
- Where possible, mentors and mentees should apply together.
- Programs may be custom designed to take place over a longer timeline as long as the hourly commitments are fulfilled and the program is completed by June 30, 2017.
- Mentors will receive an honorarium of $1500.00 based on the time commitments above.
Mentors and/or Mentees may apply together or separately. Please read the guidelines thoroughly. If you wish to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org, simply stating your interest and a brief description of your proposal before completing your application. Final Application Deadline is December 9, 2016. Applications will be assessed as they are received.